Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Pics



These pics are from Herb Lee, the focus is on the women bikers. I spoke with Dee tonight, she's doing really well and had a great day. Her cold is abating and she's feeling good. It goes with out saying I/ we miss her dearly but I am so proud of what she's accomplished thus far and envy the experiences and vistas she is privy to.

I spent today where I will spend tomorrow and Saturday.... at the Pittsburgh International Airport as an extra on a movie set. Definitely a new experience for me. I met a lot of interesting folks, about 150, who were doing exactly what I was doing today....hanging out at a gate for 14 hours pretending to be air travelers while the real movie stars were being filmed. Amazingly, a number of the young folks I spoke with today in the 21 to 30 age range, do this work on a pretty much full-time basis. I secretly hoped I would be discovered by a Hollywood director today, but alas, no such luck.

Based on the limited dialogue I heard today, I'm thinking this film "She's Out of My League" will be released directly to DVD or late night cable. There have only been 2times in my life when I actually spent this amount of time in an airport, so I'm viewing this brief experience as a sort of karmic retribution for my past enjoyment of air travel destinations.

Whoops, sorry, it's Dee's Blog, the pictures speak volumes about life on the road with two wheels and no engine. Take care, Rob.







6 comments:

Liz said...

I am one of Shirley's friends and reading your blogs helps to keep in touch with the trip. I can imagine the exhaustion must be of the extreme type but I admire you all for doing this. Keep going!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, I took a great ride myself yesterday. Riding on the country roads of Ohio with music loud!! Yes it was in a car... but it is my favorite ride, to Geneva. Yes, the cottages are there and great. I was thinking of you and Ty and gram and pap. It was a good day! Hope yours was too. Love you, me

Anonymous said...

Hello Dee, I have been following
your trip,you are doing a great
job,and I see you seen some beautiful sights. We miss you,
and will see you soon.
Your friend
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,

This is Dee, Joan's college roommate. I spoke to Joan today and she reminded me of your adventure and she gave me this site address. What an inspiration you are to me. You look just like I remember when I saw you last...May 1985!!!! God has been good to you and has blessed me by letting you touch my life. Be safe and keep smiling.
Peace, Dianne Yagelski-Betti

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Dee, you look great in that last pic. I don't see any lines. Just a Beautiful smile and a great tan. I'm going to look so much WHITER next to you! Still miss you, but really proud of you.
Be safe.
Love you,
Linda T

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Dee and MOVIE STAR...oh I mean Rob!!!

It's Sunday morning and checking on your progress. Your face is so thin and you look wonderful. Lots of color and who is cutting your hair? I thought it would have grown by now. I love the pictures of the single bike rider and the open road...they tell a great story. I was so excited to see you girls in a restaurant, ordering from the menu...no cooking over the fire. Rob - let us know if you land a speaking part in the movie and I am sure all of you miss Dee bunches. You all take care, Dee safe riding this week and I will write soon. What state do you hit next and remember Bill and I will be in Florida when you arrive and want to see you and take you to dinner.

Love ya, MJ