Sunday, April 13, 2008

Into the State of Texas - more photos

We heard from Dee on Sunday night. The group was just outside of El Paso Texas. As Dee was talking to us on her cell phone, she was sitting on tree stump, looking down on to fields of cotton with mountain ranges to the west. She said they had been biking past miles of hot pepper fields the day before. They will have a rest day soon and then have a 70+ mile day and a 90+ mile day later this week. She sounded great. They are staying in a church tonight which means they don't have to set up tents. Some church members also cooked a main course for their dinner and baked a cake for them so it makes for an easier evening and the kindness was really appreciated. Here are some more photos from Herb Lee and Dee. I received a memory chip from Dee's camera so the enclosed pics are a mix of Dee and Herb's photos. Take care folks, Rob




















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I'm glad you're smiling in each one, Dee. I watch The Weather Channel to notice the SW. I hope you have an odo on that bike. Thanks for all you've done, Rob. Kathy H.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Dee,
You are my hero!! I am sorry that I have not left you a comment before this, but I have been following you. I think that this is SUCH a neat thing to be doing! It sounds like you are doing fantastic so far. I can't wait to keep seeing pictures and hearing how things are going.

I also had a little news of my own that I wanted to fill you in on. I got engaged on friday! :) So hopefully I will have a date for you guys to keep clear sometime soon.

Keep up the awesome riding! (not sure that is correct biker jargon)

love and miss you,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Just wanted to tell you much we are enjoying following your progress and seeing your pictures. I heard you have covered 1,000 miles. What an accomplishment! Everyone at Curves asks about you every day and we are learning / reviewing our geography thanks to you. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work and know that we miss you!! Peg M.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dee,

Sharie, Shar's friend from Bradford, here. What a wonderful way to see the USA. Love the photos and your stories. Enjoy the rest of your spiritual, soul enriching journey.

Sharie

Unknown said...

Wow Dee!! We are so impressed! Rob just sent us an email and told us of your journey. What an amazing trip. We'll keep watching as you continue east. Good luck & enjoy,
Kasia & Eric

PS - nice blog work Rob!

SeƱorita Rose said...

Heyyy Ma!

I love the pictures! It's great to see what kind of landscape you guys are on and of course, you're big smile in every picture. I know you're having the experience of a lifetime. Today I got the card you sent. I love the quote on it! So true..."There is no freedom for those who deny freedom to others." I thought about that in class today...we discussed the first pregnant man and how people have responded so negatively to him. We are only really liberated when we embrace diversity and give everyone the freedom to live with joy. Fear and Hate are the most hideous prisons. You taught me that a long time ago....Miss you lots. Looking forward to more updates from the road!

XOXOXO Kali

Anonymous said...

Dee,

I'm smiling as I read your blog and look at the pictures. I love your spirit that shines through.
Keep Pedaling!

Kim G.