Sunday, March 16, 2008

Post # 3 - Teetering On One Foot...


Nobody doubts the wisdom of the Chinese adage "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's just that we can't stop focusing on the "thousand mile" part. We start wondering where we will get the energy for step two. And then there we are, teetering on one foot, 999.9 miles from our goal.

With one day left before I leave...I guess I am at the "teetering" point. I have packed, unpacked, and re-packed. Basically I have no idea what the fashionable are wearing in the desert this year! I have changed my last tire in the luxury of the family room! Something tells me it will not be so easy beside the road where there is no coffee table to set my tools on. The well wishes and send off have been more than I could have imagined. Thankyou--thankyou!

My inner gypsy really comes out at times like these -- as I worry more about the good luck trinkets and stickers that I must attach to my bike,than what rain gear to pack. If you place the trinkets right -- that could mean good Karma -- which might mean I don't need rain gear. I'll write next from San Diego --let the games begin. love,Dee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee

Just received your bracelet.
Will be keeping eye on you as
you realize your dream coming true.
Always admired you and Rob enjoying
Life's Journey.

Love
Thalya

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
I just wanted to see if I can get a comment posted. I might be able to change bike tires, but I don't know about getting a computer to work. How's the mail-order groom, 'er, bike?
Kathy H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee
Got your letter today. Wow! I'm awed and proud to know you as always. There will be prayers and encouragement coming from our household. Treasure the journey. I can't wait for the Gab Fest on the other end.
Fondly, Shar

Anonymous said...

Good morning - it is Saturday and I thought maybe you are still sleeping and then I said I am talking about Dee who never sleeps. Day before you leave and I wanted to say Happy Easter. I also forgot to say I love the picture with the hat - you look so sexy and that is why all the men are stopping and talking to you. Have a fun day today and I will write soon. Love you - MJ