Friday, March 21, 2008

Fully loaded ......with rhythm...

Hi All--Today is another sunny San Diego day -- honestly it's beautiful here. It just feels like heaven! I get this way in sunshine though -- concerns float away and any anxiety I had about me being able to pull off a cross country ride is out floating in the surf! Today we fully loaded our bikes and went on a "toodle", that's what Shirley from England calls a fully loaded 20 mile ride! It is really different riding with so much gear on your bike,but also very cool to think you could live nicely with so little for quite a long time! I thought I had done well limiting what I brought until I saw the limited gear some of the others are taking. this is especially true of those english folks (Shirley is from Leicester and Matt is from Harrogate)...WOW, they really know how to pack light!! So, do I dump the extra few things I have and send them home....OR do I become a traveling second hand shop for the rest of the group. Some have already borrowed from me and I was thankful I had extra! Besides, can you really ride across America with only 2 undies (one on.. one off)??

I read yesterday that ... A treasure lies -however elusive- in every circumstance-in every journey. So I am a treasure seeker of sorts, and perhaps that won't come as a surprise to some of you. My brother Ken has been on my mind so much. One of the men along named Tom is going to celebrate 17 years of being sober -- he is such a sweet person and I shared lots with him about Ken -and Ken's struggles with alcohol. He answered some questions I had , speaking from the "other side" and I am thankful for his sharing -- and his listening about one of the best and sweetest guys there ever was. I love you ken! Watch me ride! Dave and Vanessa -- you made my day when you cruised over to Curves to surprise me! Thankyou so much. It meant a lot to me.

Well guys --that san Diego sunshine is calling to me and I am in charge of the fruit salad for dinner, so I must go to the food store. I hate being the heaviest person in San Diego....I rode for an hour just looking for a Weight Watchers today. Do they not need them here??? I am sure I have lost more weight and that makes me desperate for a weigh in --needless to mention hanging out with all these lean bikers. Naw--I'm kidding --I'm doing fine -and thinking of so much as I ride! Mary and Rob always hate it when I have this much free time to think...and dream!

I am looking for my biking rhythm -fully loaded- and here in San Diego they say that "Your rhythm is your truth, and it shall set you free." so, there you go--love to all, Dee

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Adventurer - I have been reading your notes leading up to the trip and your note from today. I am so proud of you and wish I would have seen you more before you left - Sunday will be here soon and I know then you will be busy and tired and I wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers each day along with your other bikers and will keep tabs on your messages. You take care and I hope to meet up with you in May when you hit Florida. Have a great time and be careful.. Love you - MJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,

Miss you at Curves already!!! Love reading about your days in San Diego. Sounds awesome... praying for you as you start your great journey... Happy Easter!! Enjoy every minute of it!!!

Marisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Dee
It's me again.... you are so in my thoughts and wishing you a great start on Easter...So much to say and so little time.:>):>)
YOU GO GIRL !!!!
Cheryl K.

Laura said...

Hi Dee --

One day closer to the official start, though you are already well on your way. Sounds wonderful so far.

love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Just heard from mom and Yves about your journey...Just wanted to say good luck and that I'll be thinking of you and your cause.
Take care!
Hope to see you all soon
Tom Dotan

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom!
Sorry about my last comment I was to excited and just kinda wrote without reading! haha Sounds so cool in San Diego, Im reallly jealous, its snowing here now! Good to hear that you are getting in your "rhythm"! Have Fun and let your bike set you free! Just like are favorite quote, " If you work for your possesions and they dont set you free, what are your working for?"
Love you so Much!
JAMIE (ramers)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee,
We are all thinking of you and so excited for your journey to begin. Be careful and have a blast!! Happy Easter :)
Our "guys" are watching over you.
Love ya, Mar

jenny said...

Dee-Dee!!

For as long as I've known you, I've always looked up to you....and never more so than now! As a mom, I want to be like you.

I TOTALLY relate to wanting to find a weight watchers to weigh in...what is with San Diego?

Deeply moved by your quote you wrote in remembering Ty, "Be brave enough to live with joy."

May there be deep and profound joy in this journey for you. And thanks for sharing the joy with us in this online journal.

Lots of love and prayers!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee - I'm not sure you got my first note, my computer skills are really sad! I can't even believe how excited I am for you now that you are off on your "ride" tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited. All I know is if anyone can do this, YOU can. Just enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures. You and all your new friends will be in my prayers til you're all back home safely. When this is over I'm going to feel like I know your whole family and they sound even more wonderful than you say they are!! And did I mention "You look mawvalous" with your hat and all. You go girl!! Love you, be safe
Linda T

Anonymous said...

Easter morning and you're setting out on your journey of a lifetime. As I sat in church this morning, I prayed for all your hopes and dreams to be fulfilled. Ben and Jen are wearing your bracelets and telling everyone about their awesome Aunt Dee! We'll be peddling with you as much as possible and hope you feel all the prayers pushing you along.

Ride on girl!! Love you, Shar

Anonymous said...

Hola Dee:
Estoy muy orgullosa de ti, que bueno que pudiste mas que Kali jajajajajaja, te felicito y me siento muy orgullosa de ti. Que Dios te bendiga durante todo el Viaje y ojala lo hubieras extendido hasta Ecuador. jajajaja.
Un beso.
Jenny

SeƱorita Rose said...

Hey Ma!!! Happy Easter! I know you try at spanish but just in case I'll let you know what Jenny wrote in the above comment.


Hi Dee: I am very proud of you. It's great that you, rather than kali, were able to do this trip! I congratulate you and I feel very proud of you. May God bless your during your whole journey. I wish you would have extended it down to Ecuador! Love, Jenny.

I'm proud of you too mom! Hope your first day on the road went well. Theres a group of twelve of us here preparing Easter dinner! It's gonna be great! Love you!
XOXO Kali